Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tried it! Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake

I wanted a quick, easy dinner for the kiddo and I so when I came across this pin for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake, I decided to give it a shot.  Kiddo LOVES buffalo/hot sauce....me....not so much.  It's okay, but not my fav.


Well, I must say.....kiddo loved it, as I expected.  I....really liked it!  Wouldn't say I loved it, but I'll def make it again!  Next time though, I'll add a bit more ranch, or a bit less buffalo sauce.  

Here's the recipe:

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake

1 16 oz. box Penne pasta, cooked and drained
*3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cubed and cooked
**1/2-1 C. Franks Hot Sauce
3/4 -1+ C. Ranch dressing
1-2 C. Shredded cheese (Colby Jack or Cheddar)

1. Preheat oven to 350* and prepare a deep baking dish.
2. Mix together hot sauce and ranch.  In separate bowl, mix chicken, pasta and cheese.  Pour sauce over all and mix well.
3. Pour everything into prepared baking dish, sprinkle with cheese (if desired) and bake for 20-25 min.

*Easy Cheat...I used canned chicken!  Already cooked and cut up!  I used 1 big can, & 1/2 of a small one.  There was PLENTY of chicken throughout the dish.
**I used "Red Hot" Buffalo/Wing sauce, not "Frank's Hot Sauce", so I'm thinking any hot/buffalo sauce is fine!  :)


~Heather 

1 comment:

  1. I used franks hot sauce with some added tobasco... I wanted creamier so I added sour cream to the mix... extrea cheese we'll see how it turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete