Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tried it! Warm Lemon Water


Okay, so the pic is not how I drink mine,
 but I just
 think it's so cute!

I am the least healthy person I know.  I don't eat fruit (some weird sensory texture issue~the texture of fruit freaks me out and makes me gag.  Don't ask), and I hate 99% of veggies.  I basically eat carbs and chocolate (I cook REAL meals for the fam, I don't force them to eat like me).  That said, I TRY to find healthy things to fit into my diet.  I've tried numerous things (apple cider vinegar, oil pulling, smoothies~again can't do 'em.  Texture issue again.  Etc.  Bleh) and couldn't stick with any of them for various reasons.  

I had seen warm lemon water for awhile now, but never tried it because it says it works best first thing in the am, on an empty stomach/before coffee.  Anytime I've ever tried to drink anything other than coffee in the am, I've literally gotten sick.  One of my friends said that the warm water didn't do that to her, so I gave it a try.  

Well.  I've stuck to the routine of warm lemon water every am, and even do it right before bed!  I'd like to lie and say that I've noticed tons of benefits, but I haven't.  Perhaps I'm not "in tune" with my body enough to notice the benefits, but whatev!  I will keep doing it because it does get me to drink more water, which I don't drink enough of.  And, hey, the benefits that it COULD offer are too good to pass up!


My lemon water. 3/4 cup warm water, juice from 1/2 lemon.
Possible benefits:


  • Drinking water on an empty stomach purifies the colon, making it easier to absorb nutrients.
  • Decrease wrinkles, and blemishes.  
  • Boost immune system.
  • Relieve tooth pain.
  • Balance pH.
  • Help with weight loss.
  • Help with acid reflux and bloating.
  • Aids digestion.

And, there you have it!  :)




My "sources":
http://pinterest.com/pin/6192518209619247/
http://pinterest.com/pin/6192518209619226/
http://pinterest.com/pin/6192518209725710/
http://pinterest.com/pin/6192518209765645/



 (Water in martini glass found it via google search.  If it is yours, and you want credit or for it to be removed, just leave a comment).

No comments:

Post a Comment