Monday, January 7, 2013

Tried it! Alka Seltzer

One Good Thing By Jillee

I came across this pin today for "17 alternative uses for alka-seltzer", so I clicked on it.  SO GLAD I did!!!  There are some really good ideas listed that I'd never have guessed you could use Alka-Seltzer for!  The one I tried today?  

"Clean Your Coffeemaker: fill the water chamber of the coffeemaker and then drop in three tablets. When the Alka-Seltzer has dissolved, put the coffeemaker through a brew cycle. This will clean out all the internal components. Run through another plain water cycle before using the machine again for coffee."  Sounded simple, and it was!  I followed the instructions exactly, and the results are below!


After "brewing" the alka seltzer with a full pot of water

You may not be able to see clearly, as I am no pro photographer, but the brown you see on the coffee pot, is NOT actually ON the pot.  It is IN the pot, floating around!  Gross, right?  But awesome at the same time!  I always clean my coffee pot with vinegar, and have NEVER seen this before, which to me says that Alka-Seltzer is way more effective than vinegar!  My coffee pot is less than 2 months old, and had all this "yuck" in it.  I can't imagine what an older one has.  Bleh!!

I'm super excited to try out some of the other uses!  Have you tried any of them?  Did they work?

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment